This website’s curriculum materials provide information, activities and lessons to enhance student skills in the important General Capabilities areas. Lesson plans (and programs available via portals) emphasise these areas. The resources appear not only in Health and Physical Education but also in English, History, Mathematics, Geography and Science.
The lessons on the website are stand- alone ones, but can be combined with others to suit the needs of teachers and students. Materials available through the portals contain programs linked to the Australian Curriculum and the relevant code.
Some examples of the materials available:
History: Year 7 Archaeology: Skeleton of the ‘Hobbit’ found on Flores.
English: Year 4 Teeth: Pam Ayres’s poem I wished I’d look’d after me teeth.
Science: Year 8 Chemical Change: Acid and teeth
More resources will be developed as learning areas are implemented.
- Information and communication technology (ICT) capability
- Critical and creative thinking
- Ethical behaviour
- Personal and social capability
- Intercultural understanding
Cross Curriculum Priorities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia